Hilarious And Bizarre Construction Fails
1 Garage Gap
Whoever designed this garage didn’t really think things through. That’s quite a gap between the garage and the driveway.
Only a monster truck could clear that drop.
2 Handrail Fail
This railing placed in front of a door is quite a design flaw. Hopefully, no one ever needs to exit from behind that door quickly.
We hope they fired whoever installed that handrail.
3 No Reworking The Plans
It takes a certain amount of problem-solving skills to fix obstacles that pop up during construction. Let’s say that a window blocks the placement of a pole.
What’s a builder to do? Don’t bother reworking the plans, just shove the pole through the window. Problem solved.
4 The Worst Playground
This has got to be the most dangerous playground in the history of all playgrounds. Nothing like sliding directly into a tree trunk to ruin a perfectly fun day at the park.
That see-saw doesn’t look any safer. Nobody is having fun at this playground.
5 Don’t Have A Seat
Whoever built this railing directly across this bench should be fired immediately. Don’t even think about taking a seat to enjoy the view at this beach.
We’re not sure why this bench is being punished, but it appears to be in “time out”.
6 Notice No Fence
This poor gate serves no purpose since there is no fence surrounding it. Perhaps even more worthless is the notice demanding that people keep the gate “closed and locked”.
This entire scene is an exercise in futility.
7 A Room With A View
If privacy is your thing, then don’t use this bathroom. The poorly placed window offers a clear view of people doing their business.
How does something like this even happen, and does anyone actually use that toilet?
8 The Electric Toilet
Whatever genius placed an electrical outlet on the back of this toilet seat needs to rethink their life choices. There is no way this is safe.
Anyone who uses this outlet could be in for a real shock. Proceed with caution.
9 Goofy Gate
Whoever installed this gate didn’t have the best decision-making skills. Clearly, a choice was made when they realized the hill was in the way.
It doesn’t take a genius to see that they went in the wrong direction.
10 Close Enough
It’s important to measure the space when installing office equipment. Someone threw caution to the wind and just went for it in this case.
Good luck getting those drawers to open.
11 Escalator To Nowhere
Nothing like unsuspectingly taking a ride on an escalator only to smack right into a wall at the top. How did this monstrosity even end up being built?
You better stretch out before you step on this escalator because you’ll be jumping over that railing at the top.
12 Tree Mishap
The perfect place for a tree is right in the middle of the driveway. It won’t get in the way at all.
Hopefully, this home-owner doesn’t need access to their garage.
13 Kitchen Potty
Have you ever been cooking dinner when you suddenly had to go to the bathroom? This house has the perfect solution by putting the restroom right in the kitchen.
Is this even legal? That’s just not sanitary.
14 That’s One Way To Fix It
Accidentally installed the toilet too close to the door? The most logical step would be to move the toilet so that the door can properly close.
Whose idea was it to just cut out the shape of the bowl from the door? That person is crazy.
15 Pole Position
The city planner who approved the placement of this pole must have been drunk. The construction workers who placed it there must have been drunk, too.
We feel slightly drunk just looking at it.
16 Wacky Window
We can’t help but wonder how this slanted window came about. Was it poor craftsmanship or did they mean to do this?
Either way, we would never stay in that hotel.
17 No Parking
The individual who designed this parking lot had to work around a few trees. We get that it’s good to preserve nature, but this doesn’t seem like the best solution to their problem.
There must have been a stand-off, and clearly, the trees won. It’s their parking lot now.
18 Nailed It
This staircase that leads nowhere raises many questions. Who installed this thing? Is it supposed to be an emergency exit?
We may never know the answers to these burning questions.
19 Too Close For Comfort
The award for the worst bathroom design goes to whoever planned this setup. Why would anyone want to do their business with another person so close to them?
This is not how we prefer to make new friends.
20 Confused Door
We wonder how many people actually try to pull this door open when it actually needs to be pushed. It seems like an IQ test or something.
Only smart people can enter this building.
21 Worst Seat In The House
Nothing like spending a fun day at the ballpark. Jimmy looks so happy to have that huge beam blocking his view.
Watching the game is so overrated.
22 Lazy Line
This next one on the list is the epitome of lazy workmanship. Someone painting that stripe had to decide how to handle a tree branch that blocked the road.
The logical thing would have been to scoot it out of the way, but I guess this works too.
23 Bad Bike-Lane
Many cities offer bike lanes for bikers, and this city tried really hard to accommodate them. Something just doesn’t seem right about the signage on this one.
If bikers follow the path laid out before them, then they will totally crash into that pole.
24 Odd Electrical Outlet
Someone posted this pic on social media of an electrical outlet they discovered in their hotel room. Something tells us this isn’t up to code.
Who came up with this bright idea?
25 Another Useless Door
Is installing a door that leads to a dangerous drop-off a thing? This restaurant doesn’t seem too concerned with anyone falling out of that door.
We would not want to be seated at the table beneath it.
26 No Privacy
This is not the apartment complex for you if you prefer not to have people starring directly into your home. Why did they even bother installing balconies?
This is a massive design fail!
27 Stay Off The Path
It doesn’t take a brainiac to see that someone installed this fence all wrong. Unless, of course, they want people to stay off the cement path and stomp through the grass instead.
If that’s the case, they did an excellent job.
28 Design Flaw
We hope those railroad tracks are no longer in use or the owner of this house is in for a big surprise. Only an avid railroad enthusiast would want to live there.
Maybe they’re not too attached to that balcony.
29 Staircase Bathroom
It can be a challenge to find space for a bathroom in a tiny apartment. All it takes is a bit of ingenuity to get the job done.
Of course, the landing of a staircase is the perfect place to put a restroom. Nothing strange about this at all.
30 Mind Your Head
This has got to be the most dangerous playground on earth. We can only guess how many children smacked their heads against the wall while playing on this twirly piece of equipment.
They need to put a caution sign on that thing.
31 Uneven Doors
This staircase is a descent into madness, and those doors probably lead to hell. The devil himself must have performed the construction.
We see no other logical explanation for something like this to happen.
32 Pointless Balcony
There’s nothing like a balcony to bring up the value of a building. Unless, of course, the balcony has no door or any way to access it.
Then it’s just an advertisement of how stupid the landlord is.
33 No Sitting
Someone posted this pic on social media of the sitting area of a hotel they stayed at. We would totally ask the front desk for a ladder to get up there.
It actually looks quite pleasant.
34 Toilet Building
The architect who designed this building really should have asked for a second opinion. Weren’t any of their co-workers brave enough to tell them that the building looked like a huge toilet?
They should have flushed the blueprints!
35 Handicap Rails
This seems like a totally safe option for people in wheelchairs. It doesn’t look terrifying at all.
Going down the stairs is an extreme sport for handicapped people in this town.
36 Door To Nowhere
Talk about a safety hazard. That second-story door leading to nothing is an accident just waiting to happen.
That first step is a doozy!
37 Ceiling Fan Fail
This is an example of a constructor fail that has us scratching our heads. How could anyone install that ceiling fan and not notice the huge pillar next to it?
It’s a good thing they have another fan on the wall because this one is useless.
The placement of this clock is perplexing, and we have questions. Which was there first, the clock or the wall? Is it perpetually 4:00 since the hands can’t move?
We’ve heard of cutting time in half, but this is ridiculous.
39 One Job
The person who painted this stop sign on the concrete literally had one job. How does a mistake like this even happen?
They must have been drunk. It’s just too bad they didn’t “STPO” to double-check their work.
40 Obstructed Window
Looking for a new apartment? This might just be the place for you. Especially if you prefer obstructed views and horrible lighting.
This is yet another example of shoddy construction. Whoever built this building needs to have their eyes checked.
41 Entry Shower
Nothing like walking into a room to discover a bathroom in the entryway. We can’t decide if this is some sort of official cleanroom or someone is very concerned about germs.
Either way, this is just a bizarre place to put a shower and toilet combo. It saves on space, we suppose.
42 Top Drawer
When it comes to storage in this bathroom, the top drawer is a doozy. Whoever installed this cabinet system is totally incompetent.
There is no way to make use of that drawer unless you’re a giant with tiny hands.
43 Out Of Reach
Here we have a public payphone designed with tall people in mind. Sorry shorties, this phone isn’t for you.
All she has to do to make a phone call is toss that bag on the ground and use it to boost herself up.
44 Crazy Stairs
There is so much to unpack in this photograph. Are these stairs or an obstacle course? Why is there a concrete slide in the middle of the whole thing?
One look at these stairs makes us feel like we’re taking crazy pills.
45 Bathtub Fail
We’ve heard of a room with a view, but this is ridiculous. Hope the owners don’t care about privacy while they take a bath.
They need to fire whoever designed the layout of this house because it’s just wrong on so many levels.
46 Close Enough
Perhaps the person who constructed this path forgot to wear their glasses that day? What other explanation could there be for such a massive failure?
We can’t imagine that someone would design a sidewalk like this on purpose.
47 Split Decision
We’ve heard of a split air conditioning system, but something tells us this wasn’t what they had in mind. We would love to know the thought process behind this.
It seems like an absurd solution to the problem.
48 You Had One Job
Somewhere along the way, things went very wrong during the building of this brick pillar. It’s important to have problem-solving skills when performing construction.
Unfortunately, the brick-layer lacked so many skills.
49 Mixed Messages
This has got to be the most confusing road sign, ever. Do we turn left or right at the end of the road?
Either way, it’s clear that someone did a horrible job covering up their mistake.
50 The Perfect Fit
The minor details sometimes go noticed. Like if the door to the meter room will actually close.
The crew made a creative decision when faced with the problem and simply cut holes in the door. Measuring your work is so overrated.
Funny Fun Fact
Here are some fun facts to entertain you and fuel your discussions!
- The photo considered to be the very first in the history of photography was taken in 1826 by Joseph Niepce. It is entitled “View From the Window” and required an 8-hour exhibition.
- Space smells like seared steak.
- Greenland Sharks can live to be over 500 years old.
- The moon sometimes has moonquakes. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, these are caused by tidal stresses connected to the distance between the Earth and the moon.
- Rowdy goats have to wear pool noodles on their horns.
- Pigeons are able to differentiate between the paintings of Monet and Picasso.
- Bee hummingbirds are so small that they are often mistaken for insects.
- In 2009, research conducted by Texas researchers and published in the journal PLOS One showed that Brazilian free-tailed bats could communicate distinguishable syllables and phrases to sing a love song to attract suitors.
- Humans are the only animals that blush or feel embarrassed—a most complex emotion that requires understanding the opinions of others as well as other factors.
- Sometimes one bee stings another.
- Matthew McKnight was hit by a car in 2001 and has since held the record for the greatest distance thrown in a car accident. The car was travelling at 70 miles per hour and McKnight was propelled 118 feet away. Fortunately, he survived.
- Since 2002, in Florida, pregnant pigs are constitutionally protected against caging. This amendment considers that during pregnancy, a pig must be able to turn around freely.
- The very first color photo dates back to 1861. It was taken by the British physicist James Maxwell.
- Your nostrils can only work one at a time. This explains, among other things, why, when you have a cold, you have only one blocked nostril at a time.
- The wood frog can refrain from peeing for up to 8 months.
- It has already happened that the total weight of ants on Earth equals the total weight of humans. This would have happened about 2,000 years ago.
- Manatees are also known as “floaty potatoes”.
- The very first aerial photograph was taken by the French inventor Turnache in 1858. He photographed the city of Paris from a balloon.
- There are only two mammals that enjoy spicy foods: humans and tree shrews.
- Just like humans, koalas have fingerprints.
- Sea lions can dance to a beat.
- Looking at a picture of a cute animal can increase your productivity.
- According to statistics, nowadays, only 2 out of every 10 photos taken with digital cameras are printed on paper.
- Rabbits can’t puke.
- A human sneeze occurs at 100mph. That’s faster than the maximum running speed of a cheetah, 4.5 times faster than Usain Bolt’s speed record and 20 times faster than Michael Phelps.
- Including humans, there would be about 8.7 million species on Earth.
- In the United States, more humans die each year because of a cow than because of a shark.
- There is a giant fish with a transparent head.
- Being bitten by the Lone Star tick can make you allergic to red meat.
- Cheetahs can’t roar, but they can purr, hiss, meow, and growl, just like our house cats.