The Most Beautiful Images Captured By Drone
1 National Donut Day Meets Aloha Friday
- Photograph: Seth Willingham
- Place: Laguna Beach, California
Seth Willingham, the artist behind this photo, is a fine art photographer and videographer, specializing in aerial photography. He also owns his Commercial Drone Pilot Part 107!
2 Tropical Bride
- Photograph: Mohamed Azmeel
- Place: Hurawalhi Island Resort, Maldives
The photographer explained, “I used the flowers and the leaves leftover from the decoration of a wedding, to make something creative.”
- Photograph: Paola
- Place: Cappadocia, Turkey
Cappadocia is considered the most popular place in the world for hot air balloon rides. In fact, it is the main attraction of the region.
4 Crossing the Field
- Photograph: Khanh Phan
- Place: Vietnam
In this photo, the photographer captured a mother and daughter crossing a large meadow with their herd of cows after a day’s work.
5 Dubai During Lockdown
- Photograph: Bachir Moukarzel
- Place: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Bachir Moukarzel has been practicing aerial photography since 2014. This photo is from his latest project entitled “The lockdown-Dubai”.
6 Desert Sunset
- Photograph: Johan Vandenhecke
- Place: Tatacoa desert, Colombia
The Tatacoa Desert, which is not only a desert, but also a tropical dry forest, is the second largest arid zone in Colombia, occupying more than 330 square kilometers of territory. The name “Tatacoa” attributed to it by the Spanish refers to the many rattlesnakes found there.
7 Good Day On a Yacht
- What happens: A drone was flying over this stretch of water when it happened to come across this yacht on which women were tanning, topless.
- Question: How would you react if such a situation happened to you? Would you find it funny or be chocked?
8 Bridge Topdown
- Photograph: Vitaly Tyuk
- Place: Vladivostok, Russia
The bridge immortalized in this photo is the Russky Bridge. Completed in 2012, it is the longest cable-stayed bridge in the world, with a central span of 1.104 meters.
9 Crazy Road
- Photograph: Brian TR
- Place: Tianmen Moutain, China
Tianmen Mountain, whose Chinese name means “Heaven’s Gate Mountain”, is located in the northwestern part of Hunan Province in China. Not only are the winding roads there, but also “the most extreme stairs in the world” as described by the Huffington Post in 2013.
10 Alien Structure on Earth
- Photograph: Tomasz Kowalski
- Place: Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Petronas twin towers, designed by the Argentine architect César Pelli, have 88 floors and a total height of 452 meters. They were inaugurated in 1998 after 6 years of construction. They are the tallest twin towers in the world.
11 Bright Blue Beach Water
- Photograph: Feather & The Wind
- Place: Lagoon of 7 Colours, Bacalar, Mexico
Feather & The Win was created in 2015 by a couple from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Wesley specializes in filmmaking and video editing while Felicia is a travel writer and photographer. The goal of their project is to help travelers live better experiences during their adventures around the world.
12 Sur La Mer
- Photograph: Roberto Corinaldesi
- Place: Italy
Attracted to photography from an early age, Roberto Corinaldesi has won no less than 19 recognitions since 2017.
13 Pyramids of Egypt
- Photograph: AirPano
- Place: Egypt
Sergey Semonov, photographer for AirPano, explains that their goal is to show our planet “in a manner that nobody has ever seen them before.”
- Photograph: William Markezana
- Place: Dameisha beach, China
The Dameisha Beach is very popular in China, and the crowd that occupies it fascinated the photographer. He explains, “The crowd density was so high, I had to gain quite a lot of altitude to make it fit in the frame. […] At that point, those indistinguishable people started to create a pattern that I found even more powerful and fascinating.”
15 Two Moo
- Photograph: Luke Bell
- Place: Cape Town, Western Cape
As the photographer explains, “I launched my drone to capture the scene in a way that was impossible with any other type of cameras.” Yet, this perspective is most interesting!
16 Woman at work
- Photograph: Azim Khan Ronnie
- Place: Quang Phu Can, Hanoi, Vietnam
Every year, at the dawn of the Lunar New Year, hundreds of workers are busy making incense sticks using bamboo bark. The village of Quang Phu Cau is nicknamed Vietnam’s “incense village”.
17 Abstract Greece
- Photograph: Sebastien Nagy
- Place: Chromata hotel, Santorini, Greece
The Chromata hotel is a 5 star hotel very popular with tourists. It is located on Caldera Island in the Imerovilgi village, also known as “Balcony on the Aegean”.
- Photograph: Robert Irwin
- Place: Cape York, Queensland, Australia
Robert Irwin is the son of the late Australian conservationist and film-maker Steve Irwin. At the age of only 17, he won the Natural History Museum’s wildlife photographer of the year people’s choice award with this image of a bushfire advancing through a woodland near the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve.
19 Huia Dam
- Photograph: Brendon Dixon
- Place: Huia Dam, New Zealand
The man we see lying on the catwalk is both the subject and the photographer of this picture. This type of selfie captured using a drone is actually called a “dronie”.
20 Grand Tour of the Iguazu Falls
- Photograph: AirPano
- Place: Iguazu Falls, Argentina-Brazil
AirPano is a company that specializes in 360° photography and video. This picture of Iguazu Falls is part of one of their first virtual tours and can be admired entirely on their website.
21 Biggest Pumpkin Farm
- Photograph: Tom Maddick
- Place: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
This aerial photo shows the extent of the UK’s biggest pumpkin farm. Grower James Maxey started growing pumpkins at the age of 13 to make a little money, but today he lives off his hobby!
22 Lovers On The Field
- Photograph: Krzysztof Krawczyk
- Place: Poland
About taking that photo, Krzysztof Krawczyk said, “We were looking for some abstraction. We had a boat, a drone and…. a lot of time. A strong wind created a beautiful storm in the field. Perfect weather conditions showed me ‘the eye of the tiger’ or ‘deer eye’ through the couple in the kayak. A wonderful combination: beautiful lovers, fantastic nature, strong wind, and this perspective.”
23 Ball Up
- Photograph: Brad Walls
- Place: Sydney, Australia
Born in 1992, Brad Walls has already established himself as an award-winning professional aerial photographer. His specialty: experimentation with negative space, symmetry and leading lines.
24 Fishing Boat
- Photograph: Trung Pham
- Place: Vietnam
This photo shows a fishing boat from a completely stunning angle!
25 Soccer Field
- Photograph: Michael Schirnhofer
- Place: Henningsvær, Norway
Henningsvær is a small town in Norway known for its fishing, but also for its love of soccer.
26 Humpback Whale
- Photograph: Tobias Hägg
- Place: Iceland
The humpback whale is one of the largest rorqual species in the world. They can measure 12 to 16 meters long and weigh between 25 and 30 tons.
27 The Redeeming Christ
- Place: Mount Corcovado, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Fun fact: The statue, which measures 124.7 feet high, took 9 years to build.
Now an internationally recognized emblem of the city, the statue of the Redeeming Christ was designed by the Brazilian engineer Heitor da Silva Costa and realized by the French sculptor Paul Landowski (with the help of the Romanian sculptor Gheorghe Leonida for the head). Its construction was started in 1926 and finished in 1931.
28 Six Flags Theme Park in New Orleans
- Place: New Orleans
- What happened: This Six Flags theme park has been closed since Hurricane Katrina hit in August 2005.
This picture was taken about 2 weeks after the disaster. The damage caused by Katrina was so extensive that the amusement park was never able to reopen.
29 Alone in the Desert
- Photograph: WhoSane
- Place: Al Qudra Desert, United Arab Emirates
30 Staten Island Boat Cemetery
- Place: Staten Island Boat Cemetery, New York
- Did you know: Founded in the 1930s, The Arthur Kill Ship Graveyard was used to place ships damaged during World War II.
Originally, the boats were simply to be placed there while they were dismantled to resell their parts.
31 Drones of Dubai
- Place: Dubai
- Did you know: Dubai has created one of the most spectacular city skylines on the planet.
32 Laguna De Cotacotani
- Photograph: Alex Mimo
- Place: Lauca National Park, Chile
33 Fascinating Fortifications
- Photograph: Amos Chapple
- Place: Fort Bourtange, Holland
34 World Cup Finale
- Photograph: Svetlin Marinov
- Place: Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
35 As The Crow Flies
- Photograph: Dendi Pratama
- Place: Bali Barat National Park, Indonesia
36 Symmetrical parking lot
- Photograph: JP and Mike Andrews
- Place: North of England
37 Frightening Lightning
- Photograph: Pete DeMarco
- Place: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
38 City by Night
- Photograph: Tuan Nguyen
- Place: Saigon, Vietnam
39 Harvesting Grass
- Photograph: Khanh Phan
- Place: Vietnam
Every year in August comes the harvesting season in Vietnam. During about 6 months, this grass grows until it becomes taller than an adult human. Once cut, this grass is used by westerners to make, among other things, knitting cushions, hats and baskets.
40 Lombard Street
- Photograph: Bryan Dumas
- Place: Lombard Street, San Francisco